Monday, April 13, 2009

Gratitude - Day 3

I am grateful for these things today:

~Walking to school with the little ones this morning, watching them dodge puddles. Little Big Man exclaimed in delight at the frost on the wooden fences. "It's magical, Mommy! So cool!" Their delight causes mine to grow, too, and I am truly blessed with these children. When I had to be at work at 6am, working, by the way, for ungrateful and unscrupulous people, I missed this three of the five school days. That alone will be worth changing jobs!

~Zoe, the gorgeous Australian Shepherd - Welsh Corgi mix we rescued from the shelter, is becoming brighter by the day. She has been in our home nearly a month, and for the first couple weeks she would only sleep in my closet. Even getting her to go outside for walks and necessities was painful, for her. She would hide her eyes under her paws, and I could literally feel her praying for us to just go away and leave her alone. She was terrified, poor thing. She would reluctantly get up, and she would never ask to go out, not because she didn't know the deal, but because honestly I think she didn't want to be a bother. As we love on her, she is blooming, and that is worth so much more than the messes to clean up, or the worry chewing she does at times. Now she at least stands by the door, still silent, and she joins the family occasionally. She walks with her head up, and she is becoming ever more loving towards us. This is a wonderful lesson for the moppets in love and compassion, grace and healing.

~Singing My Girl with Princess NicNoodle in the car, but changing "my girl" to "my Nic". I hope that she remembers all of her life riding in the car, with the windows rolled down, the fresh spring breeze washing over us, and the giggles we shared as Motown music bounced around the car.

~We had a wonderful dinner at the table, spaghetti with mushrooms, and crisp green salad, laughing all together, the three little weirdos, brother, and me.

~I get to head to bed early and sleep as late as I want to, as long as that isn't past 7 am, haha!


0 comments: